Knowing the best things to sell for quick cash really comes in handy — especially when you need extra money to pay a bill, put gas in your car, or buy groceries for the week. I’ve totally been there, so I know how that feels.
When you’re looking for things to sell for extra money, a good place to start is to check for items you already have lying around the house!
I can’t tell you how many times I thought to myself, someone would never buy this, and I end up getting more offers than I can handle.
So don’t EVER underestimate the value of your used stuff.
Below, I’ve compiled a list of things around the house to sell for extra cash, so you can easily make up to $100 by tomorrow if you’re serious!! Over the past few years, I’ve sold nearly $10,000 worth of household goods – from cars to appliances, clothing, furniture, and more. So I know you can too!
30 Easy Household Items To Sell For Quick Cash:
1. Clothes you can’t fit into anymore – I’m guilty of it too. I have clothes just hanging in my closet collecting dust. Secondhand stores like Plato’s Closet and Clothes Mentor and ThredUp.com will take your stuff!
2. Gift cards you’ve never used – You don’t have to let it sit in your wallet. That’s such a waste of money! Websites like Cardpool will give you up to 92% cash for the gift cards you don’t want – even if it has a funky balance remaining!
3. Your kids’ old clothes and shoes – Every three months I go through my kids’ closets to get rid of any clothes and shoes they can’t fit. I take them to Once Upon A Child where I get cash for my kid’s stuff!
4. CDs and DVDs you never watch or listen to – Decluttr is the perfect place to sell your movies, music, and video games online. They’ll pay you outright for your CDs and DVDs you don’t want anymore.
5. Books you don’t read – Unless you’re a bookworm, you’ve probably only read a good book once or twice before tossing it on the bookshelf. But you can get cash for the books you don’t want when you sell them on eBay, at resale bookstores, and at Half.com.
6. Breast milk – If you have more breast milk than your little one needs, you can help a mama out and make $60 a day selling your breast milk online! Check out Only The Breast for more details.
7. Photos you’ve taken – iPhone photography is extremely popular these days. You can list your best photos online for sale at websites like Shutterstock and get paid for your work!
8. Small kitchen appliances – Yes, people will buy your air fryer and instant pot if you don’t want it!
9. Musical instruments – Check your local area for music resale shops so you can get cash for your old musical instruments and equipment.
10. Sporting equipment – I’ve sold all of my kid’s little league equipment to Play It Again Sports for extra cash.
11. Artwork and decor in your home – These items sell really well on Craigslist and on Offerup.
12. Appliances you’re going to replace – Before you donate your old appliances, you should try selling them on Craigslist. We’ve sold a washer & dryer set, fridge, and stove for $1,000!
13. Outdoor furniture – Outdoor patio sets, grills, and others are a great money maker on Craigslist.
14. Kids bedroom furniture – When your kids outgrow their bed, tables, and chairs, you can sell them and use the money you make to buy bigger furniture!
15. Designer handbags and shoes – Designers like Coach, Michael Kors, Louis Vuitton and more can make you a lot of money on sites like eBay and Poshmark.
16. Old cell phones and electronics – Gazelle is a great place to trade-in your smartphones and devices for cash. They will even pay for you to ship your stuff!
17. Holiday decorations you don’t need – You can sell old wedding decor.
18. Storage bins – You can help someone save space and a ton of money too when you sell your old storage bins that you’re not using.
19. Handmade crafts – If you love making quilts or crocheting, you can sell your handmade items on Etsy!
20. Food – Sell your baked good to your friends, family, and around the neighborhood!
21. Collectible items – Things like sports memorabilia or antique home decor are always hot buys.
22. Sell your coupon stack – Add up the total savings amount (let’s say it’s $20), then you can sell your coupon stack in bulk for $5 to $10.
23. Toys and bicycles your kids don’t play with – Never throw away those old bicycles when you can sell them to another parent who needs it for their child!
24. Things in your storage unit – Stop paying to store these items and sell them instead!
25. Garden tools – Anything like lawnmowers (even if it doesn’t work), hoses, wheelbarrows, leaf blowers, and more.
26. Return past purchases – Now I’m really bad at this, but you can even ask for price adjustments on recent purchases, too!
27. Recycle plastic, cans, and scrap metal – Visit Earth911.com to find a recycling center in your area.
28. Formal attire you won’t wear again – Poshmark is the best place to sell your fashion.
29. Strollers and other baby gear – My favorite place to sell these items is at kids resale and consignment stores.
30. Jewelry – You can sell any jewelry you don’t want to a pawn shop or on eBay.
Getting rid of things you don’t need is a great way to make quick cash from clearing out your house. In fact, I do this faithfully about every three months!
So with this list of household items to sell for quick cash, I am quite sure that you’ll be able to find more than half of these items in your house right now! Good luck and go make some money!